Nozzle Fitting

Tools/items needed:

-Drill
-Circular sanding drill bit
-Hole saw drill bit
-Craft knife
-Sandpaper
-Scissors
-Electrical Tape
-Silicone rubber
-Vice
-Solid handle

We now get to the second part of the new nozzle part, fitting it.  This isn’t too bad, but still takes a bit of care and patience to do.

The new nozzle piece itself doesn’t need too much to make it fit over the Hydro Cannons nozzle, the opening just needs to be a little bigger to have night tight fit over.  For this a hand drill was used with a circular sanding piece.

nozzlefittingpic1

The new nozzle piece is put steady and ready in the vice.

nozzlefittingpic2

Then with the drill, it was evenly sanded to make it slightly bigger inside so it can fit over.

nozzlefittingpic3

While it can fit over tightly now, it still needs some extra things to fully seal it to prevent any water leaking out, as it is going to put under pressure of a big fast blast.

nozzlefittingpic4

For this, I used electrical tape and wrapped enough of it to go round the nozzle once, that’s all I need.

nozzlefittingpic5

With a good grip I forced the new nozzle piece over it until I got it right to the end, there’s no way that is coming off.  It was nice and stable and hard as a rock, yeah!

nozzlefittingpic6

Water might still leak out a bit, so silicone rubber was put all around where the new nozzle stopped at the end.  This should be a nice seal.

nozzlefittingpic7

nozzlefittingpic8

Water might still leak out from the front of the new nozzle between where the orange piece and grey plastic meet.  I did put silicone rubber around it at first, however found a much less messy and easier way to do it which you’ll see later.  It also made the blaster look better.

nozzlefittingpic9

Because this new nozzle is bigger, the hole inside the orange cosmetic piece the fits over the front of the whole blaster is now too small, so it needs to be bigger.

nozzlefittingpic10

I got a hole saw piece that was as big as the new nozzle and lined it up against it for reference.

nozzlefittingpic11

Thankfully the orange nozzle cover has ridges and grooves, so lining it up accurate wasn’t going to be as bad.

nozzlefittingpic12

It was then lined up with the hole saw piece in the bench pillar drill.

nozzlefittingpic13

It was then cut into and made larger.  Thankfully the cut went well and is accurate enough.

nozzlefittingpic14

Of course predictably there is now going to be a mess of melted plastic at the front and burring on the inside.  For the melted plastic, some smaller more precise pliers were used to grip and pull away the excess.  This was rather fidgety, but eventually all the mess got pulled out.

nozzlefittingpic15

I then used a craft knife on the inside to get the burring away.

nozzlefittingpic16

At this stage, the new nozzle just wouldn’t quite go through, but it was close, so some light enlarging was needed.  I used some sandpaper and put it through the inside, these also smoothened things as well.

nozzlefittingpic17

To make things easier I also found a small plastic handle that I wrapped the sandpaper around giving a more accurate, easier and effective slight enlarging to the cosmetic hole the new nozzle will go through.

nozzlefittingpic18

With that done and ready, one final thing to do is make the front of the new nozzle sealed.  For this, I used the electrical tape again and wrapped as neatly as I could a strip all the way around where the orange piece joins the grey plastic, to the point where you’ll see it go right to the inside cosmetically, so it looks neat.

nozzlefittingpic19

All that was left now was to put it through and hey presto it fits nicely and doesn’t look too messy!

nozzlefittingpic20

It is getting close to putting things back together now.